Reporting to Test Engineering Manager, you’ll work in a fast-paced agile environment and strengthen Quality within the organization. To drive Quality standards within the project products through working with our Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This role requires an experienced candidate to support and mentor developers and performance engineers in the teams and to own & drive high quality software deliverables. This is a hands-on role and we are looking for a great communicator at all levels of the business.
What will I be doing?
- Work with the Test Engineering Manager and other stakeholders (Team Leads, Engineering Managers/Directors, Architecture, Product Management, UX etc.) to build performance quality into the project from the ground up, improving continuous integration and speed to production.
- Hands-on automated performance testing within the assigned project team (approx. 70% of your time)
- Support the developers (locally and remotely based) working on the agile project teams to build performance testing into how they delivery product features for the business – “Shift Left Performance Testing”.
- Compile results and metrics and identify optimisations and improvements.
- Continual involvement in the estimation & planning of performance feature and user stories for each release, including identifying quality risks and constraints.
- Monitor and compile regular Automation Performance test results and communicate these to the project team.
- Complete root cause analysis of performance issues.
- Escalate issues appropriately to project stakeholders.
- Work with a variety of test tools – Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, Test Case Management system, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Evaluate new performance tools & processes and introduce tangible improvements to quality.
Skills and Experience:
Essential to have experience of…
- 3+ years as a Performance Engineer.
- Experience with Performance Analysis/Troubleshooting.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting metrics from high-level monitoring systems like.
- AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Spluk, AppInsights and other monitoring tools.
- Understanding of meaningful workload designing for load test.
- Experience in Performance, Load, Stress, Scalability, and Destructive Testing.
- Experience summarizing large amount of metrics into meaningful graphs and reports for varying levels understanding.
- Experience using Performance tooling such as LoadRunner, Gatling.
- User level or higher experience of Unix/Linux.
- Performance Testing web applications and server applications.
- Performance Testing of microservices architecture.
- Experience in performance testing and monitoring on cloud based solutions (Azure and AWS).
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with JVM monitoring, GC Analysis, and optimization.
- Experience with profilers, debuggers, and memory analysis tools (JConsole, JProfiler, MAT, JHAT, YourKit etc.).
- Experience with statistical extrapolation, presentation and comparison.
- Good understanding of memory management, multithreading, thread/connection pooling etc.
- Basic proficiency in shell scripting.
- Broad knowledge of development tools & techniques.
- Continuous Integration & tools used for CI such as Jenkins.
English is a must.
- Open mind
- Team player
We are looking for passionate people who want to be part of the Pasiona family, learning from the best, with the latest technology and leading the most advanced projects. We believe in continuous training and in adding talents and experiences to continue growing as a team. This is what we offer you:
- Indefinite contract. We want you to feel part of the team and achieve a stable long-term relationship with us.
- Performance evaluations and career mapping with annual follow-ups
- Working on major projects for top international clients.
- An extensive plan of continuous training, both classroom-based and with certifications from Microsoft, Udemy4Business, Pluralsight…
- Language classes.
- Incentives for participating in the community.
- Medical insurance.
- Physiotherapy service.
- Access to gym: Andjoy